Iris OConnor Art
Iris OConnor Art

Iris OConnor Art

  • No ratings found yet!

Vendor Biography

I am Iris, I’m a visual artist from Co. Dublin. My background is a BA(Hons) in photography but I also love creating mixed media pieces and abstract paintings.

My work has been purchased by the OPW for their State Art Collection and by private collectors here in Ireland and abroad.

I  create original abstract pieces on canvas or paper, acrylic paint, oil pastels, charcoal stick, fine art pens etc
My mixed media art consists mainly of textured collages created from monoprints, leftovers from my abstract paintings, and found papers/objects. For most of my work I use mixed media and/or watercolour paper as substrate.
For  mono printing I have both a glass plate and a gelatin plate but I very much prefer the gelatin plate as it is much easier to get an interesting looking and textured background on the pulled print.
About 90% of the papers in the collages are hand-painted/printed by me, the other 10% are made up of found papers/objects.

Thank you for looking at my work here!

Iris