'Free Spirit' is inspired by my memories of boating with my family in both Carlingford Lough and Bantry Bay. Since moving to Warrenpoint, which overlooks the beauty of Carlingford Lough, I have spent a lot of time thinking back to those days and how wonderful it felt to be on the water with my family. I wanted to create a sculpture that captured those memories and the feelings they evoke. I have used a homemade patina to create the beautiful blues of the sea which contrasts nicely with the warm copper tones of the boat and sails. There are lots of fun details to explore in this piece from the small oars to the intricately designed sails. Keep looking and you will find more!
This piece was carefully created using thin sheets of copper that has been embellished by delicately soldering on layers and layers of handcrafted detail. The blues of the sea were created using a homemade patina to accelerate the natural weathering process of the copper. The sails are attached by brass rods and copper wire that has been twisted to resemble rope. Detail is very important in my work and there are lots of intricacies to discover in this piece.
12.5 × 13 × 32 cm
Ready to ship in 1-3 business days
- Your order will be shipped within 1-3 business days of the receipt of payment and sent to the address provided during checkout.
- Due to the delicate nature of the work each piece is carefully packaged and delivered fully insured by courier to your chosen address.
- If your country does not appear as a shipping option please contact me and I will arrange a solution if possible
- I also offer local delivery in the Co. Down/Co. Louth area or a reasonable distance within that region. I am happy to travel further or meet at a suitable distance for Christmas orders. You can contact me via email or through my Instagram account if you think this could be a viable option for you.
-Every piece is made with the upmost care and attention to detail. All my work has a unique and textured finish that is part of the overall look of the piece. Although every effort has been made to represent my work as true to life as possible please allow for the possibility of slight colour variations as computer monitors may display the colour differently.
I am always happy to help with any questions that you may have about the work before buying so don't hesitate to contact me.
-Due to the delicate nature and cost of the work all pieces are shipped fully insured.
-If you are not happy with the piece please contact me within 14 days of receiving your order. A refund will be issued as soon as I receive the piece. It must be returned in the original packaging and original condition within 14 days of contacting me. I am happy to help with arranging a fully insured return.
- Shipping costs will not be refunded and the buyer must cover the cost of the return postage.
- International customers are responsible for all fees, taxes and duties associated with shipping to their respective countries.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.